How Can a Wrong X-ray Diagnosis Hurt You?
There are various reasons for an improper diagnosis ranging from x-ray equipment error to the mistake of digital radiography technician. And if this happens, you can face some serious problems and complications that can compromise your health. To know more about the problems with the wrong diagnosis and what to do to avoid it, please read this guide until the end.
Why Would You Need an X-Ray?
X-Ray is needed if you are feeling discomfort or pain in a particular area of your body and physicians mostly recommend x-ray when they cannot precisely pinpoint the symptoms for this pain. There is a variety of conditions that can be diagnosed using x-ray equipment such as infections, digestive problems, osteoporosis, fractures, enlarged heart, blood vessel blockage, bone cancer, breast tumors and more.
Once the underlying cause is discovered for a symptom through digital radiography, doctors then use the x-ray report to make an accurate diagnosis and devise a proper treatment plan. There is no doubt that DR and CR equipment can provide you with very accurate results, there is always a room for human and equipment error leading to the wrong diagnosis which can be troublesome.
What Can Happen if the Diagnosis is Incorrect?
Getting a wrong x-ray diagnostic can lead to many problems that can have very bad effects in terms of both physical and psychological health of an individual. Wrong diagnosis can also lead to loss of time, money and energy which is why it is always recommended to get your x-ray done through an expert. Have a look at some problems that one can face as a result of incorrect diagnosis:
- Physical Health Issues: If the x-ray diagnosis is incorrect, the doctor won’t be able to make a precise diagnosis as well and as a result, he/she will prescribe wrong medication that can have adverse effects on your liver as all medicines are processed through the liver.
- Psychological Issues: If there is something wrong with the DR or CR equipment, it can also show a problem in the body even though there is nothing wrong. This can lead to overthinking and stressing over something that is not there.
- Financial Loss: At first, you will be paying for the wrong x-ray report, then you will be paying for the wrong treatment based on that report. This can of course lead to loss of money.
Even though you can always sue the medical staff, the doctor or the diagnostic lab if the diagnosis is wrong, it won’t return the loss of health and time. So it is suggested that you always find a reliable diagnostic imaging expert.
How to Find a Right Diagnostic Imaging Expert?
- First of all, you need to conduct deep research within your vicinity.
- Shortlist some imaging experts and check their experience, expertise, and qualification.
- See what kind of services they specialize in.
- You can narrow down your list based on the above-given factors.
- Now check online and offline reviews for the remaining diagnostic experts.
- Finally, make appointments with the most suitable and recommended ones to learn more about them.
Over to You:
If after doing all of your homework and selecting the best diagnostic expert with top-notch x-ray equipment, you still feel doubtful about the accuracy of your diagnosis, you can get a second opinion. And if the results from a second diagnostic lab are also similar then you may proceed with the proper treatment.